Statistics Research Group
- Wagler, Amy
- Assistant Professor
- Bell Hall 311
- Faculty profile
- Research Field: Simultaneous Inference, Categorical Data Analysis.
Bayesian Analysis of Correlated Data Data. - Funded by a NSA grant, from January 2012 to January 2014. The grant's PI is Dr. Ori Rosen.
Principal Differential Analysis with Covariates for Functional Data - Funded by grant NIH-336K, from July 2010 to June 2013. The grant PI is Dr. Joan Staniswalis.
Mathematical Models for RNA - Funded by NSF DMS 0800272, from June 2008 to May 2012. The grant's PI is Dr. Ming-Ying Leung.
Pathways P-16 Data Modules Development - Funded by THECB, from September 2011 to August 2012. Dr. Amy Wagler is CoPI.
Geographic and Multilevel Influences of Neighborhood and School Environments on the Development of Obesity among Schoolchildren in a Border Community - Funded by NIH, from May 2011 to April 2014. Dr. Amy Wagler is CoPI.
Recruiting and Keeping Undergraduate Students in the Sciences - Funded by NSF from September 2010 to August 2015). Dr. Ming-Ying Leung is a CoPI.
Robert Noyce Scholarships for Teaching Miners - Funded by NSF, from September 2010 to August 2015. Dr. Amy Wagler is CoPI.
S STEM: Recruiting And Keeping Undergraduate Students In The Sciences Funded by NSF from March 2010 to February 2015. Dr. Ming-Ying Leung is a CoPI.
Border Biomedical Research Center/Core-F/Statistical Consulting Laboratory - Funded from June 2009 to June 2014. Dr. Panagis Moschopoulos is director of the Statistical Consulting Laboratory.
Hispanic Health Disparities Research Center - Funded by NIH 3P20MD002287-05S1, from September 2011 to June 2013. The grant PI is Dr. Provencio-Vasquez; Dr. Joan Staniswalis is Supporting Faculty.
Bioinformatics Computing Core Facility - Funded from June 2009 - June 2014. Dr. Ming-Ying Leung is Supporting Faculty.
UBM Institutional: Undergraduate Training in Bioinformatics - Funded by NSF Interdisciplinary Training for Undergraduates in Biological and Mathematical Sciences (UBM) program, from September 2009 to August 2013 (DUE 0926721). The grant's PI is Dr. Ming-Ying Leung. Dr. Naijun Sha is Supporting Faculty.
Probabilistic Models for Inversions in Viral RNA Sequences - Funded by Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Advanced Research Program (Grant #003661-0013-2007), from May 2008 to January 2011. The grant's PI is Dr. Ming-Ying Leung.
Computational Prediction of RNA Viral Genome Structures - Funded by NIH Support for Continuous Research Excellence (SCORE) program (Grant #2S06-GM00812-37), from September 2007 to August 2011. Dr. Ming-Ying Leung is the Subproject PI.
- Moschopoulos, P. G., Mathai, A. M. (2012). A pathway model idea. To appear in Journal of Statistics Applications and Probability. www.naturalspublishing.com/show.asp?JorID=3&pgid=0 .
- Wang, R., Sha, N., Gu, B., Xu, X. (2012). Comparison analysis of efficiency for step-stress accelerated life testing. To appear in IEEE Transactions on Reliability(99).
- Jin, S., Staniswalis, J. G., Mallawaarachchi, I. (2012). Principal Differential Analysis with a Continuous Covariate: Low Dimensional Approximations for Functional Data. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation (to appear).
- Wagler, A. E. (in press). Bias Reduced Logistic Dose-Response Models. To appear in Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, 21, 1-18.
- Wagler, A. E., McCann, M. M. (in press). Simultaneous Inference on Generlized Linear Models using the Penalized Maximum Likelihood Estimator. To appear in Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice.
- Wagler, R. R., Wagler, A. E. (in press). Using science teaching case narratives to assess the effectiveness of a scientific inquiry elementary science methods course with Hispanic preservice elementary teachers. To appear in The Texas Science Teacher.
- Wagler, A. E., Wagler, R. R. (in press). Identifying the Latent Structure of the Teacher Efficacy Scale. To appear in Teacher Education and Practice.
- Wang, R., Xu, X., Pan, R., Sha, N. (2012). On parameter inference for step-stress accelerated life test with geometric distribution. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 41(10), 1796-1812.
- Wagler, R. R., Wagler, A. E. (2012). External Insect Morphology: A Negative Factor in Attitudes toward Insects and Likelihood of Incorporation in Future Science Education Settings. The International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, 7(2).
- Grineski, S.E., Staniswalis, J.G., Bulathsinhala, P., Peng, Y., Gill, T.E. (2011). Hospital admissions for asthma and acute bronchitis in El Paso, Texas: Do age, sex, and insurance status modify the effects of dust and low wind events? Environmental Research, 111, 1148-1155.
- Journal Article, Academic Journal (Published) Wood, S., Rosen, O., Kohn, R. (2011). Bayesian Mixtures of Autoregressive Models. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 20, 174-195.
- Savistsky, T., Vannucci, M., Sha, N. (2011). Variable selection for nonparametric Gaussian process priors: models and computational strategies. Statistical Science, 26(1), 130-149.
- Cohen A, Moschopoulos P, Stiehm RE, Koren G.(2011). Congenital varicella syndrome: the evidence for secondary prevention with varicella-zoster immune globulin. CMAJ. 2011 Feb 8;183(2):204-8. Epub 2011 Jan 24.
- Grineski, S.E., Staniswalis, J.G., Peng, Y., Atkinson-Palombo, Carol (2010). Children's asthma hospitalizations and relative risk due to nitrogen dioxide (NO2): Effect modification by race, ethnicity, and insurance status. Environmental Research, 110 (2), 178-188.
- Jeong, J., Vannucci, M., Do, K.A., Broom, B., Kim, S., Sha, N., Tadesse, M., Yan, K. and Pusztai, L. (2010). Gene selection for the identification of biomarkers in high-throughput data. In Bayesian Modeling in Bioinformatics, D. K. Dey, S. Ghosh and B. Mallick (Eds). Chapman and Hall/CRC, 233-254.
- Moschopoulos, P.G., Sphak, Max (2010). The distribution of family sizes under a time-homogeneous birth and death process. Communications in Statistics, Theory and Methods, 39: 1-15.
- A. Wagler. Bias reduction in logistic dose response models. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, in press, 2010.
- Rodriguez, M. I., Sha, N., Rodriguez, M., Quinonez, E. and Valles, D. (2009). Novel accelerated life testing approach for knock sensors. Proceedings of IIE Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
- R. Cruz-Cano and M.Y. Leung. Comparison of feature selection techniques for viral dna replication origin prediction. Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, March, 2009, Nashville, Tennessee, USA, pages 128134, 2009.
- M. Taufer, A. Licon, R. Araiza, D. Mireles, A. Gultyaev, F.H.D. Van Batenburg, and M.-Y. Leung. Pseudobase++: An extension of pseudobase for easy searching, formatting,and visualization of pseudoknots. Nucleic Acids Research, 37:D127 135, 2009.
- R. Cruz-Cano, D.S.H. Chew, K.P. Choi, and M.Y. Leung. Least-squares support vector machine approach to viral replication origin prediction. INFORMS J. Computing, 22(3), 457-470.
- P.G. Moschopoulos and Max Shpak. Taxon size distribution in a time-homogeneous birth and death process. Communications in Statistics, Theory and Methods (to appear), 2009.
- O. Rosen, D. Stoffer, and S.Wood. Local spectral analysis via a bayesian mixture of smoothing splines. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 104:249262, 2009.
- O. Rosen and W.K. Thompson. A bayesian regression model for multivariate functional data. Journal of Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 53:37733786, 2009.
- J.G. Staniswalis, H. Yang, W. W. Li, and K. Kelly. Using a continuous time lag to determine the associations between ambient hourly pm2.5 levels and daily mortality. Journal of Air and Waste Management Association, 59:11731185, 2009.
- D.S.H. Chew, K.P. Choi, and M.Y. Leung. Stochastic approaches to predict replication origins in dna viral genomes. In Proceedings of the 2008 International Workshop for Applied Probability, July 2008, Compiegne, France., 2008.
- D. Grosu, A.T. Chronopoulos, and M.Y. Leung. Cooperative load balancing in distributed systems. concurrency and computation. Practice and Experience, 20:19531976, 2008.
- M. Taufer, M.Y. Leung, T. Solorio, A. Licon, D. Mireles, and K.L. Johnson. Rnavlab: A virtual laboratory for studying rna secondary structures based on grid computing technology. Parallel Computing, 34:661680, 2008.
- M. Taufer, T. Solorio, A. Licon, D. Mireles, and M.Y. Leung. On the effectiveness of rebuilding rna secondary structures from sequence chunks. In Proceedings of the Seventh IEEE International Workshop on High Performance Computational Biology (HiCOMB08), April 2008, Miami, Florida, USA., 2008.
- D. Grosu, A.T. Chronopoulos, and M.Y. Leung. Load balancing in distributed systems: An approach using cooperative games. Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, IEEE Computer Science Press, pages 5261, 2008.
- W. Thompson and O. Rosen. A bayesian model for sparse functional data. Biometrics, 64:5463, 2008.
- G. King, O. Rosen, M.A. Tanner, and A. Wagner. The ordinary election of adolf hitler: A modern voting behavior approach. Journal of Economic History, 68:951 996, 2008.
- O. Rosen and D. Stoffer. Automatic local spectral envelope. In Functional and Operatorial Statistics, pages 263272, Heidelberg, 2008. Physica-Verlag/Springer, Contributions to Statistics.
- Joan G. Staniswalis. Incorporating marginal covariate information in a nonparametric regression model for a sample of rxc tables. Biometrics, 64(4):10541061, 2008.